If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful meal that’s easy to make, look no further than this corned beef and cabbage stir-fry recipe. Inspired by Asian cuisine, this dish combines the salty goodness of corned beef with the crunch of cabbage, the sweetness of carrots, and the umami flavor of soy sauce. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover corned beef from St. Patrick’s Day!
To make this corned beef and cabbage stir-fry, you’ll need:
- 1 pound corned beef, sliced into thin strips
- 1 head cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. 2. Add the corned beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until browned. 3. Remove the corned beef from the skillet and set aside. 4. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. 5. Add the cabbage and carrots to the skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but still slightly crunchy. 6. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and corned beef back to the skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until everything is heated through. 7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 8. Serve hot and enjoy!
1. Can I use leftover corned beef for this recipe?
Yes, this recipe is a great way to use up leftover corned beef from St. Patrick’s Day or any other occasion.
2. Can I substitute other vegetables for the cabbage and carrots?
Yes, feel free to use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Some great options include bell peppers, snow peas, and broccoli.
3. Is this recipe gluten-free?
No, this recipe contains soy sauce which typically contains gluten. However, you can use a gluten-free soy sauce or tamari to make this recipe gluten-free.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve. However, the vegetables may become slightly softer when reheated.
5. Can I make this recipe vegan or vegetarian?
Yes, you can substitute tofu or seitan for the corned beef to make this recipe vegan or vegetarian. You can also omit the meat altogether and make a delicious vegetable stir-fry.