The Perfect Way to Enjoy Corned Beef and Cabbage
If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy corned beef and cabbage, look no further than this amazing burrito recipe. This recipe is perfect for those who want a filling and flavorful meal that is easy to make and sure to satisfy. With its unique blend of spices and ingredients, this burrito recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
- 1 pound corned beef
- 1 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the corned beef in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the corned beef from the pot and shred it using two forks.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Add the shredded corned beef, black beans, cooked rice, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and spoon the corned beef mixture onto each tortilla. Roll the tortillas tightly and place them seam-side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake the burritos in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are heated through and crispy on the outside.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe makes 8 burritos, so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd or for meal prep. You can also easily customize this recipe to your liking by adding or removing ingredients. For example, you can add some shredded cheese or sour cream on top of the burritos for some extra flavor.
1. Can I use leftover corned beef?
Yes, you can definitely use leftover corned beef in this recipe. Simply shred the corned beef and follow the recipe as directed.
2. Can I use other types of meat?
Yes, you can use other types of meat, such as chicken or pork. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
3. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian by omitting the corned beef and using vegetable broth instead of water. You can also add some extra vegetables, such as mushrooms or zucchini.
4. Can I freeze these burritos?
Yes, you can freeze these burritos for up to 3 months. Simply wrap each burrito in aluminum foil and place them in a freezer-safe container.
5. Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas?
Yes, you can definitely use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas if you prefer. Just make sure to heat them up before filling them with the corned beef mixture.