Red Wine Braised Beef.
According to all people, cooking is indeed something which is quite soft. Besides they are indeed like cooking and have will cooking that is very good, they are also good in processing each dish so that it becomes food yummy. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must search and see recipes that are cushy to follow.
The end of the day extenuation often boost you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But real, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delectable and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can cook Red Wine Braised Beef using 14 ingredients or fewer. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Wine Braised Beef
- Provide 3 lb of Boneless beef blade roast.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- Provide 2 tsp of Juniper berries, crushed.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of AP flour.
- Provide 2 cup of Dry Red Wine.
- Provide 2 cup of veal or beef stock.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 4 large of carrots, diced.
- You need 1/4 lb of pancetta, diced.
- Provide 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper, to taste.
These recipes make in about 60 minutes from begin to finish, and 7 paces. Get ready to comply these recipes to get you by means of a occupied back-to-school tide!. Here is how you cook that.
Red Wine Braised Beef guide
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F)..
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown meat in half the oil. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set meat on a plate. In the same skillet, soften shallots with spices in remaining oil (30 ml/2 tablespoons). Sprinkle with flour and mix well. Deglaze with wine. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly..
- Return meat to the skillet. Add half the veal stock and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cover and roast in the oven for 3 hours. Turn meat over three or four times during cooking and baste with remaining veal stock..
- Add carrots and pancetta around roast. Continue cooking, always covered, for about 1 hour or until meat is fork tender and vegetables are cooked..
- To give a nice crust to braised meat, move the rack to the highest position of the oven. Set the oven to broil. Drain meat and place on a baking sheet. Keep sauce and toppings warm. Brush top of the roast with honey. Broil for about 3 minutes or until surface starts to brown..
- Serve meat with toppings and drizzle with sauce. Serve with barley..
- For perfectly braised meat, don’t completely submerge meat in liquid. Instead, add liquid halfway up meat for a tastier and more concentrated sauce..