Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon. Great recipe for Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon. You can make delicious okonomiyaki using plain cake flour, without using expensive okonomiyaki flour! The key point is to make a soup stock from beef tendon.
You can use chicken bone soup stock or bonito dashi stock as well. Mix up one pancake worth of the ingredient. Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki will always be the best known local street foods in Osaka.. The end of the day maceration often drive you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But really, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a yummy and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can have Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon using 31 ingredients or scant. Here is how you cook that.
Substances of Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon
- Prepare of Batter (combine the ※ ingredients beforehand).
- You need 500 grams of ※Cake flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of ※Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ※Salt.
- Prepare 1 liter of ※The water from boiling beef tendon or use the chicken stock from.
- Provide 150 grams of ※Yamaimo yam.
- Provide 3 tbsp of ※Bonito flakes.
- Prepare 15 grams of ※Baking powder.
- You need 1 1/5 kg of Finely chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 of Tempura batter crumbs.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green onions or scallions.
- Provide 1 of Red pickled ginger.
- You need 12 of Eggs.
- Provide of Additions.
- You need 200 grams of Beef tendon.
- Provide 200 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- Prepare 200 grams of Boiled octopus.
- Prepare of To parboil the beef tendon:.
- Prepare 2 large of Water.
- Prepare 3 slice of Ginger.
- Provide 2 of stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek.
- Provide of To flavor the beef tendon.
- Prepare 40 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 400 ml of Water.
- You need 25 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar.
- Provide of Toppings.
- You need 1 of 10:1 blend Tonkatsu sauce, "Doro" Sauce (a type of thick Worcestershire-style sauce).
- You need 1 of 10:1:1 blend Mayonnaise, milk, plain yogurt.
- You need 1 of Aonori.
- Provide 1 of Bonito flakes.
Many varietes of Negiyaki also employ beef, shrimp, seasonal vegetables and even the likes of tofu, and konjaku.. Among the types I enjoy are cheese Negiyaki, beef tendon Negiyaki, and, given that Osaka is a port city, the octupus and squid Negiyaki are. Tengu is not that easy for foreigners, but that's not necessarily a bad thing… It has an old-school Japanese diner vibe and makes great Kushikatsu. But, we really loved the Doteyaki, which is skewered beef tendon smothered in a sweet miso sauce.
These recipes make in roughly 30 minutes from start up to finish, and 22 paces. Get ready to adhere these recipes to get you through a lively back-to-school season!. Here guides how you make 22 pacesit.
Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon hint
- Boil the beef tendon in plenty of water with 3 slices of ginger and the green part of 3 stalks of leek for about 5 minutes to eliminate the gaminess. Skim off the scum completely..
- Rinse the boiled beef tendon with cold water and put into a pressure cooker with 2000 ml of water. Lock on the lid, bring to a boil and cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Leave to cool down naturally..
- Chop the beni-shouga pickled red ginger into a 1 mm dice. Slice the octopus into big pieces..
- Cut the cabbage into 2-3 mm wide julienne. Turn 90 degrees and chop up into 3mm dice. If you do this 1/4 of a cabbage at a time, it's easy..
- 1 head of cabbage chopped is about 1.2 kg worth..
- Slice the green onion thinly. Peel and grate the yamaimo yam..
- Take out the beef tendon from Step 2. The cooking liquid will be used as the soup stock in the batter, so skim off the scum carefully and leave to cool..
- Cut the beef tendon into bite sized pieces, and simmer in the beef tendon flavoring ingredients. When the cooking liquid has reduced by half, leave to cool and absorb the flavors..
- Combine the batter ingredients, and add the completely cooled down beef tendon stock little by little. If you add it all at once the batter may form lumps so add it a bit at a time..
- If any lumps remain the batter will be floury, so mix well. Once the batter is mixed, add the grated yamaimo..
- Pour the batter onto a heated electric griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices..
- Break an egg into a small bowl, add 2 ladle fulls of batter, 2 handfuls (about 100 g) of cabbage, some octopus, some of the beef tendon, green onion, tempura batter crumbs, and red pickled ginger..
- Mix it with a spoon to incorporate air into the batter and don't over-mix. You should still see some of the egg white in the mix..
- Pour the batter onto a heated griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices..
- Cook for 5 minutes, and when you can insert the spatula underneath easily turn it over for the first time. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn over again. Do not press down on the pancake..
- Cover with lots of sauce, sprinkle with bonito flakes and aonori seaweed powder, and it's done. Add mayonnaise or Japanese mustard to taste!.
- Use this kind of container (you can buy it at a 100 yen shop) to spread the mayonnaise. If you add about 10% milk and yogurt to the mayonnaise, it tastes great..
- You can't omit Doro sauce (a kind of thick Worcestershire-type sauce)! It serves as a 'hidden flavor' in the sauce. It is quite salty, which goes well with okonomiyaki. Don't add too much. The ratio is about 10:1 tonkatsu sauce to Doro sauce..
- This is tasty made with chicken bone soup stock too. Seefor the chicken stock recipe..
- Make your own tempura batter crumbs..
- is a version that only uses yamaimo yam and eggs in the batter..
- This is a 3-layer birthday cake version!.
The feature of okonomiyaki is cheap price and harmony of ingred
ients. You eat not only standard okonomiyaki but also various one, such as negiyaki cooked with lots of green onion and beef tendon in Osaka. Takoyaki (octopus dumplings) is as famous cheap eats in Osaka as okonomiyaki. Takoyaki is made from wheat flour and water. The key point is to make a soup stock from beef tendon.
Cooking is action are often done by everyone, but not everyone has telenta in making the maximum Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon, what are they?
Tips cook Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon order get results that are perfect
- Determination the right food ingredients also affect the results of cooking, starting from selection fresh ingredients will be very good because the content of the nutrition is still very good.
- Furniture The cookware used must also match what is cooked. Also, care must be taken that the cleanliness of the cookware does not affect the taste and nutritional content.
- How to cook Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon, which includes which ingredients must be processed first and which ones are processed later and when to add spices. This is done in order to produce cuisine which has nutritional quality and cooked food maturity without reducing the delicacy of the cuisine.
Share all people, cooking is indeed things which is quite simple. Besides they are indeed happy cooking and have talents cooking that is very good, they are also smart in mixing each dish so that it becomes dish luscious. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must learn and see recipes that are simple to follow.
Already know the things you need to consider when cooking Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon? Try to use and choose the right food ingredients and follow the steps in cooking properly. good luck…!!!
The feature of okonomiyaki is cheap price and harmony of ingredients. You eat not only standard okonomiyaki but also various one, such as negiyaki cooked with lots of green onion and beef tendon in Osaka. Takoyaki (octopus dumplings) is as famous cheap eats in Osaka as okonomiyaki. Takoyaki is made from wheat flour and water. The key point is to make a soup stock from beef tendon.