Ehou-maki (Futomaki Sushi) for Setsubun.
According to some people, cooking is indeed something which is quite easy. Besides they are indeed happy cooking and have will cooking that is very good, they are also good in mixing each dish so that it becomes dish delectable. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must learn and see recipes that are cushy to follow.
The end of the day exhaustion often pushes encourages you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But indeed, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delectable and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can cook Ehou-maki (Futomaki Sushi) for Setsubun using 23 ingredients or fewer. Here is how you achieve it.
The main ingredient Ehou-maki (Futomaki Sushi) for Setsubun
- You need of [Others].
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 30 of to 40 grams Cream cheese.
- You need 6 of Crab sticks.
- You need 1 of to 2 leaves Lettuce leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black sesame seeds.
- You need 2 of whole sheets Nori seaweed.
- Provide of [Dashi-maki omelette].
- Provide 2 of Eggs.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 40 ml of Japanese dashi stock.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Soy sauce (usukuchi soy sauce if you have it).
- Provide of [Sushi vinegar].
- Provide 2 of and 1/2 tablespoons Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of or less Salt (4 g).
- Prepare of [Dried bonito flakes with soy sauce].
- Provide 2 small of packets of bonito flakes (3 grams each).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Provide of [Sushi rice].
- You need 270 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of Water (as needed).
- You need 1 of sheet (1 x 3 cm square) Kombu seaweed.
These recipes make in roughly 80 minutes from begin to finish, and 13 moves. Get ready to comply these recipes to get you thru a busy back-to-school time!. Here is how you make that.
Ehou-maki (Futomaki Sushi) for Setsubun clue
- Wash the rice at least 30 minutes before cooking and drain in a sieve. Add a little less water than usual to the rice cooker and add the konbu seaweed. Press start to cook the rice. Remove the konbu after the rice is cooked and leave to stand for 15 minutes..
- Put together the sushi vinegar ingredients in a heat proof dish and microwave for 20 seconds at 500 W to warm up. Stir the mixture with a spoon to dissolve the sugar and leave to cool..
- Transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl or wooden sushi tub. Pour in the sushi vinegar, incorporate with the rice and sprinkle on black sesame seeds. Stir the rice quickly in a cutting motion and cool down by using a fan at the same time..
- Prepare the fillings! While draining the rice in a sieve and cooking the rice you will need to prep the fillings..
- [Dashi-maki omelette] Combine the ingredients well and heat vegetable oil in a tamagoyaki pan. Divide the egg mixture into several portions and pour portion by portion into the frying pan to make an omelet. After frying, leave to cool. Slice into long strips about 1 cm wide..
- [Dried bonito flakes with soy sauce] Combine the ingredients..
- Slice the cucumber into thick strips and sprinkle with salt (not listed) to remove water. Squeeze out excess water. Cut the cream cheese into 8 mm wide sticks. Take out the crab sticks from packaging. Wash the lettuce and drain well. Tear into bite sizes..
- Let's roll the sushi! If using a bamboo sushi mat, place it in front of you with the outer side (green and flat) up. You don't want on the opposite side. Place the nori sheet with the shiny side down lengthwise onto the sushi mat..
- Spread half of the sushi rice from Step 3 (about 250 g) on the centre of the nori sheet. Leave a 2-3 cm border as a joint at the edge of the nori sheet away from you and about 1 cm border at the edge in front of you. Moisten your hands with the blend of vinegar and water (refer to the notes) and spread out the rice to an even thickness..
- Place the lettuce slightly below the centre of the rice and lay the cucumber, cream cheese, dried bonito flakes with soy sauce, omelet and crab sticks on top..
- Press the filling gently and lift up the edge of the mat in front of you and roll up at once to stick both sides of the rice together. Adjust the shape of the sushi roll by pressing gently and evenly over the mat..
- Pull the edge of the mat away from you and roll the sushi so both ends of the nori overlap together. Push back in any fillings that fall out of either end..
- Every time you slice a sushi roll, moisten the blade of your knife with tea towel moistened with some vinegar-water or regular water..