Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce.
Share all people, cooking is indeed work which is quite soft. Besides they are indeed happy cooking and have ability cooking that is quite, they are also creative in integrating each dish so that it becomes dish luscious. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must ask and see recipes that are easy to follow.
The end of the day exhaustion often pushes encourages you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But truthfully, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delicious and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can cook Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce using 8 ingredients or less. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce
- Provide 2 of mackerels Mackerel.
- You need 120 ml of White wine.
- Provide 100 grams of Currants (red or pink).
- Provide 1/2 of Onion (roughly chopped).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic (sliced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Provide 1 of Salt and pepper.
These recipes cook in some 70 minutes from start up to finish, and 12 actions. Get ready to follow these recipes to get you thru a occupied back-to-school monsoon!. Here guides how you cook that.
Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce instructions
- Boil 150 ml water, and let it cool down until there is no more steam..
- While letting the hot water cool down, remove the currants from their stems, rinse, and set them aside in the bowl..
- Add the warm water from Step 1 to the currants from Step 2, lightly stir, and leave them for a while (for longer than 10 minutes)..
- Choose a pan (or wok) large enough to arrange the mackerel fillets in a single layer. Heat up the pan, pour in a generous amount of oil, and spread evenly..
- Lightly season both sides of the mackerel fillets with salt and pepper, and pan-fry over medium heat with the skin side down..
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, and sauté the onion and garlic..
- When the onion becomes soft, add the white wine, sugar, and 50 ml of the warm water that was used to soak the currants..
- Season with salt and pepper. When the white wine starts bubbling around the edges of the pan, reduce the heat to very low..
- Once most of the surface of the mackerel has turned whitish, flip it over..
- After 3-5 minutes of pan-frying the mackerel, pour the sauce from Step 8 over the mackerel from Step 9, and simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes..
- Drain the currants from Step 2 through a sieve, add only the currants to Step 10, and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Shake the pan from time to time, adjust the taste, and it's done..
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with parsley or other seasonings, and enjoy!.