Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars. Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars This was a "Homemade Rhubarb Bar" recipe from BromaBakery.com that recommends to "Use room temperature ingredients — When making the cream cheese shortbread base, you need to let the butter and cream cheese come to room temperature before creaming them together. A nice rhubarb dessert with a buttery crust, a rhubarb layer, a baked cream cheese layer, and a sour cream layer. These cheesecake bars layer a buttery pecan shortbread crust with a rich and creamy filling and sweet-tart strawberry rhubarb jam.
Create all people, cooking is indeed things which is quite easy. Besides they are indeed hobbies cooking and have talents cooking that is very good, they are also smart in integrating each dish so that it becomes food delicious. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must search and see recipes that are cushy to follow.
The end of the day weariness often promote you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But truthfully, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delicious and ideal meal on the table in no time.
To me, it's all relative and all tart! In fact rhubarb is one of the few tart things I do like. Toss together ingredients for rhubarb layer and pour over crust. You can have Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars using 23 ingredients or less. Here is how you achieve it.
Substances of Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars
- Provide of For the rhubarb puree.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- Prepare 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- Prepare of For the rhubarb curd.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Provide 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- You need 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare of red dye.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need of zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
Mix together cream cheese and sugar. Mix glaze ingredients and spread over bars as soon as they come out of the oven. Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars step by step. Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner.
These recipes cook in roughly 40 minutes from commence to finish, and 7 paces. Get ready to screenshot these recipes to get you by way of a strenuous back-to-school time!. Here guides how you cook it.
Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars guide
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones. Creamy Rhubarb Shortbread Squares Recipe Notes: Creamy decadence through and through. Whipped cream, cream cheese and shortbread. This recipe for rhubarb is a perfect potluck dish or holiday dessert. It's rich and filling and Small servings will satisfy.