Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine.
According to some people, cooking is indeed work which is quite simple. Besides they are indeed like cooking and have talents cooking that is very good, they are also smart in integrating each dish so that it becomes dish yummy. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must search and see recipes that are simple to follow.
The end of the day extenuation often pushes encourages you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But actually, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delicious and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can cook Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine using 10 ingredients or less. Here is how you achieve that.
The main ingredient Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine
- You need 4 large of Beef Short Ribs.
- Prepare of Olive Oil (for frying).
- You need 1 large of head of garlic (cut in half horizontally).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- Provide 750 ml of Bottle of good red wine.
- Provide 1 liter of Beef Stock.
- You need 150 grams of pancetta, cubed.
- Provide 250 grams of Chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and quartered.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley.
These recipes make in roughly 60 minutes from commence to finish, and 11 moves. Get ready to screenshot these recipes to get you thru a strenuous back-to-school spell!. Here is how you cook that.
Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine hint
- Pre-heat your oven to 170° celcius……. you want to cook these ribs low, and slow!.
- If your short ribs are still connected, you will need to seperate them, and then generously season them with salt and pepper. Then put a deep sided roasting tray with a good glug of olive oil on top of your hob, and whack it on full power!.
- When your oil is screaming hot, add your short ribs to the roasting tray and brown then on all sides. Meanwhile, cut your garlic head in half horizontally, and then add to the roasting tray along with the tomato puree. You will need to cook the puree for around 1 minute, otherwise it will be bitter..
- Pour in the red wine to deglaze the tray, scraping up all of that beefy goodness! Bring to the boil, and cook for around 10-15 minutes until the wine has reduced by half..
- Add the beef stock, to make the liquid level cover the ribs about half way up. Bring to the boil again, and then spoon the liquid over the ribs..
- Cover the roasting tray with tin foil, and cook in the oven for 2½ hours. You will need to baste the ribs every 30 minutes to make sure they absorb all of that winey flavour!.
- Around 10 minutes before the rib are done, fry the pancetta in a tiny bit of olive oil for a couple of minutes until it is starting to crisp up, and then add your quartered chestnut mushrooms cooking for 5 minutes..
- Now it is time to take your short ribs out of the oven….. take them out of the roasting tray, set them aside and prepare your amazing sauce!.
- You need to remove each garlic clove from the roasting tray and pass them through a fine sieve into a bowl, and then remove any excess fat from the surface of the red wine juices in the tray. The best way to do this is to lay a few pieces of kitchen roll on the top, and it will absorb it all. Then strain the juices through the same sieve that you used for the garlic into the same bowl. If the sauce is too thin, pop it into a pan and reduce for around 10 minutes, until it reaches the right consistency..
- Lay your short ribs onto a serving platter, and scatter the pancetta and mushrooms over the top. The pour over the sauce, which should be the right thickness to coat the back of a spoon..
- Roughly chop your flat leaf parsley, and sprinkle over the top!.