red cabbage with apples & wine. Place all the ingredients except for the apples in a large saucepan and season. I'd had Red Cabbage with Apples in a German restaurant and really loved it. This recipe was so close to it and really good.
Create some people, cooking is indeed something which is quite simple. Besides they are indeed like cooking and have ability cooking that is very good, they are also creative in processing each dish so that it becomes food delectable. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must learn and see recipes that are easy to follow.
The end of the day maceration often urge you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But in fact, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delectable and ideal meal on the table in no time.
This vegetable dish can be made quickly and goes great with roast pork or barbecued ribs, potatoes and biscuits. This red cabbage side dish is flavored with apples, bacon, and red wine. Garlic, red onions, and optional caraway seeds are among the ingredients. You can cook red cabbage with apples & wine using 7 ingredients or scant. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of red cabbage with apples & wine
- Prepare 1 head of red cabbage.
- Prepare 4 slice of bacon (diced).
- Provide 1 of onion (chopped).
- Provide 2 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- Provide 2 of green apples.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
Nutritious red cabbage is flavored with cooked diced bacon, tart Granny Smith apples, and seasonings. Stir in red cabbage and season with salt and pepper. I love fried apples and I love fried green cabbage. I made this to try something from my German roots.
These recipes make in roughly 50 minutes from start to finish, and 5 moves. Get ready to keep up these recipes to get you through a occupied back-to-school monsoon!. Here is how you mix it.
red cabbage with apples & wine guidance
- core and finely shred cabbage. drop into boiling, salted water for 10 min. drain..
- in large skillet fry bacon until crisp. add onion and saute until golden brown..
- slowly add vinegar, ,wine and cabbage. cover and simmer 30 min..
- add apples and simmer, covered, another 30 min..
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
Apples and sultanas give a fruity kick to this red cabbage side dish. We've got more red cabbage recipes. Try this Red Cabbage with Apples recipe, or contribute your own. Braised red cabbage goes with almost any winter dish. It takes minutes to prepare, then two hours of gentle cooking – you need do nothing except have a Fry the onion in the butter for three minutes, then add the apple and cabbage.