Braised Oxtail in Red wine.
Create all people, cooking is indeed something which is quite simple. Besides they are indeed hobbies cooking and have talents cooking that is quite, they are also smart in processing each dish so that it becomes dish luscious. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must ask and see recipes that are easy to follow.
The end of the day extenuation often drive you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But real, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a delectable and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can have Braised Oxtail in Red wine using 25 ingredients or scant. Here is how you achieve that.
Materials of Braised Oxtail in Red wine
- Prepare of (more or less) 1kg Oxtail.
- Provide 600 ml of red wine (I used Merlot).
- Prepare 300 ml of beef stock (premade or powder).
- Prepare 4-5 of carrots chopped in chunks.
- Provide 2-3 of chopped and peeled tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion (I prefer red).
- Prepare of Oil.
- Provide of Water -between 200ml and 500ml depending on the moisture the pot.
- Provide of Seasoning (garlic / parsley / salt and pepper).
- You need of Spiced RICE.
- Prepare 2-4 cups of rice (depending on how many people will eat).
- You need 1/2 of Finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of finely chopped carrot.
- You need 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Fresh sides.
- Provide 300 g of broccoli.
- Provide of Cherry tomatoes.
- Provide of Feta cheese.
- Provide of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Provide of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Lemon juice.
These recipes cook in approximately 40 minutes from initiate to finish, and 12 steps. Get ready to screenshot these recipes to get you through a engaged back-to-school monsoon!. Here guides how you cook it.
Braised Oxtail in Red wine clue
- Fry and brown onions in a large pot with some oil.
- Add defrosted room temperature oxtail in the pot and fry until brown and set aside.
- Fry carrots, garlic and tomatoes for about a minute (you don't want it soft too soon).
- Add the oxtail back in the pot along with the red wine and beef stock as well as a handful of parsley..
- Cover the pot and turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3-4 hours slowly. Make sure to check on it every 40 min or so to prevent it from drying out. Add more water/stock (just bear in mind that stock is salty) I mix it 50/50 (half stock and half water ratio) to ensure that it's not too salty..
- You can always add more salt or seasoning but you can't take it out, and oxtail is not a dish for a gamble ;).
- For the spiced rice: fry together all ingredients in a pot with some oil until soft and fragrant. Add the rice last. And yes without water at first..
- Add water to rice and cover and cook over low heat until there's no more water left..
- Fresh sides: steam the broccoli until preferred tenderness and just before serving sprinkle a little salt/pepper and feta over..
- Salad: Chop avocado and cilantro together and add lemon juice and a drop or two of olive oil and mix..
- **this is only a guideline and cooking time may vary. Also, feel free to adjust the wine / garlic ratio and even add extra vegetables like celery and potatoes etc..