Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style.
According to some people, cooking is indeed something which is quite simple. Besides they are indeed happy cooking and have will cooking that is quite, they are also smart in mixing each dish so that it becomes dish delectable. But there are those who cannot cook, so they must ask and see recipes that are easy to follow.
The end of the day exhaustion often urge you over the edge and into a drive-thru window. But truthfully, there are some really quick and easy recipes here to help you get a yummy and ideal meal on the table in no time.
You can have Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style using 15 ingredients or minus. Here is how you achieve that.
Materials of Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style
- You need 4 lbs of chicken (thighs and legs skin off).
- Prepare 4 of medium size potatoes roughly chopped.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of veggie oil.
- Provide 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- You need 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Provide 1 of large tomato.
- Provide 3 of scallions chopped.
- Prepare 3 sticks of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand).
- Provide 4 tbsp of curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot).
- Provide 1 of scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper).
These recipes cook in around 80 minutes from start to finish, and 13 strides. Get ready to follow these recipes to get you by way of a strenuous back-to-school monsoon!. Here is how you achieve it.
Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1/2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet..
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate..
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot..
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn).
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste..
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir. You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste..
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high..
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry..
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes..
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid..
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. Note – you can add more water if needed for gravey..
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy…….